Spicy Steve's Thai Recipes
THAI ANGEL WINGS
(Salathai's Stuffed Chicken Wings)
A perenial favourite at Vancouver's famous Salathai Restaurant on Cambie St. The look great, but they are easier to order than to make. They are not at all hot and spicy, just tasty. Serve with a sweet thai and hot thai chilli sauces. This recipe is as given to me during filming, I haven't tried it out myself yet.
1/2 kg chicken wings
1 cup ground pork or chicken
1 cup ground or minced shrimp
1/2 cup mushrooms and grated carrots
1 cup bean thread noodles
2 tsp light soya sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp corriander root
This is for the sweet sauce and I think it needs to be cooked to reduce the water and have the sugar thicken.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp chopped red chilli
1. Debone chicken wings leaving the wing tip intact, while removing the chicken meat and leaving the skin.
2. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Stuff each wing with mixture. You can always fold over the end flap of skin and secure it with a toothpick.
4. Deep fry until golden and cooked. Let cool.
5. Slice across each wing into pieces and serve with hot and sweet chilli sauces.