Spicy Steve's Thai Recipes
BEEF & PEANUT CURRY
Another classic Thai curry. This one you can always leave the peanuts out if you like. I also use this curry paste a lot to create dry stir-fry curries, sometimes adding just a touch of coconut milk to create more sauce. This version is a soupy curry.
2 lbs of beef sliced thinly into bite sized pieces
2 cups (1 can) coconut milk
1 Tbsp panang curry paste
2 Tbsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp sugar (palm, demerara or brown)
1 Tbsp kaffir lime leaves, thinly julienned (optional)
3-4 Tbsp roasted peanuts, crushed, or more if you like.
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp white or black pepper
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Stir fry curry paste in oil over moderate heat until it becomes fragrant and starts to break down a bit.
2. Add 1/2 cup of thick coconut milk (top part of unshaken can).
3. Turn heat to low and add beef, cook until beef is no longer red.
4. Add fish sauce, ginger and lime leaves and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add cumin, coriander, pepper and peanuts plus remaining coconut milk.
6. Simmer for 10 minutes and serve.