Spicy Steve's Thai Recipes
FRESH RICE NOODLES WITH SEAFOOD
(Kuai Tiao Long Song Thale)
This a quick and easy seafood dish which is best served with a medley of fresh seafood. There is a tablespoon of Roasted Chilli paste, but taste it first, as I don't consider this a hot dish - just a flavourful one.
1 LB assorted fresh seafood - shelled prawns, bite sized pieces of squid, scallops, sea bass, red snapper, or similar fish.
6 stalks chinese cabbage, cut into 2 inch lengths
1 LB fresh wide rice noodles (Kwai Teow/Kuai Tiao)
3 Tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp thai roasted chilli paste (nam prik pao)
1 Tbsp chopped garlic (add more if you like)
1. Immerse rice noodles in boiling water for 1 minute, drain, and set aside on a serving platter. These can always be dunked at the last minute to warm them up for serving, or time it to be done as your seafood it cooking.
2. Add oil to hot wok, when oil is hot, add garlic and roasted chilli paste. Mash and stir well so the chilli paste heats up and becomes fragrant.
3. Add fresh seafood and sauté until cooked.
4. Add chinese cabbage, stir, and add fish sauce and sugar.
5. Spoon over rice noodles and serve.