Spicy Steve's Thai Recipes
PAD KEE MAOW
Here’s another great Thai noodle from Chef Siriwan “Grace” Rerksuttisiridach, Executive Chef of the Simply Thai Restaurant in Vancouver, BC. This one is rice noodle based and has the Chinese influences of soya sauce and oyster sauce.
1/2 package medium rice noodles
1/4 cup shrimp, chopped
1/4 cup chicken, chopped
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1 tbsp shallots white onion, chopped
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp dried ground chili
1/4 cup bean sprouts
1 tbsp mixed red and green, chopped
1/3 of a cup fresh Thai basil leaves (bought at Asian store)
3 tbsp chicken stock
5 tbsp oil
1 beaten egg
Hand full of fresh bean sprouts
1. Soak the noodles in cool or tepid water for about 15 minutes then drain the water out.
2. Heat your wok so it is very hot.
3. Add the oil, garlic, chicken.
3. When the chicken is cooked. Add noodles and stir fry till noodles are soft. Turn down heat to medium.
4. Add the remaining ingredients (except the bean sprouts) and stir fry until cooked through.
5. Now add the bean sprouts.
Serve on a plate and garnish with Thai basil.