Spicy Steve's Thai Recipes
THAI CHICKEN IN PANDAN LEAF
Another of the Salathai's specialties. This is a very subtle and delicate dish which is enhanced by the fragrance of the Pandan or Screwpine Leaves.
1/2 kg boneless and skinless chicken
3 tsp dark soya sauce
2 tsp sugar
3 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp minced garlic
30 pandanus (screwpine leaves)
3 tsp light soya sauce
2 tsp vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1. Mix ingredients together and marianate over night.
2. Mix sauce ingredients and place aside for serving.
3. Wrap pieces of chicken in pandan leaves. You'll have to have taped the episode this was shown on to get it right, as I haven't made this one myself.
4. Deep fry until chicken is cooked. Alternately, you could shallow fry.
5. Serve with sauce to accompany it.