Spicy Steve's Thai Recipes
SALATHAI MIXED SEAFOOD
(Salathai Ruam Mitr)
This is another long standing dish on the Salathai's menu. Again I cannot guarantee everything is correct in the recipe as I have not made this one myself but it was prepared on the show at the Salathai Restaurant. This dish contains Thai curry powder which is similar to common commercial curry powder except that it has a lot of extra turmeric in it, according to Chef Joy.
500 grams tiger prawns, clams, squids, and fish fillets. I think they use red snappper for the fish.
1-2 tsp (heaping) thai curry powder
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 each of red and green pepper, finely julienned
1/4 of a medium carrot, sliced thin
100 grams sliced bamboo shoots
8 - 10 fresh thai basil leaves
1 stalk of green onion (green part only)
2-3 whole Kaffir lime leaves
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1. Add oil to hot wok and then add garlic and clams. Stir-fry for 30 to 45 seconds.
2. Add carrots and bamboo shoots, curry powder, kaffir lime leaves and coconut milk. Stir well.
3. When clams start to open, add fish fillets and peppers. Stir and cook for about a minute and add prawns, squid.
4. Immediately add fish sauce, sugar, and green onion.
5. When seafood is cooked, peppers should still be crisp, add fresh basil leaves, stir and serve.