Spicy Steve's Thai Recipes
THAI SPICY CHICKEN WINGS
(Peek Gai Ob)
A very simple chicken wing recipe that is a good base from which to modify to your personal taste. Personally, I would kick up the heat a couple of notches as the base recipe is not very fiery but it is tasty.
2+1/2 lbs chicken wings
4 fresh red chillies, chopped finely, or 1 tsp sambal oelek or chilli sauce
5 Tbsp tomato paste
2 Tbsp light soy sauce
2 Tbsp vinegar
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 -1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped finely
6 cloves garlic, chopped finely
coriander leaves to garnish
1. Mix all ingredients together in large bowl, except chicken.
2. Add to chicken and mix well.
3. Leave to marinate overnight.
4. Heat oven to 400 degrees F (220 degrees C).
5. Spread out chicken wings evenly in oven proof dish for 30 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Be sure to turn chicken and paste occasionaly with any excess sauce.
6. Serve on platter with coriander leaves to garnish.