Spicy Steve's Thai Recipes
STIR-FRIED MUSHROOMS WITH CHILLI AND BASIL
(Phat Kaphrao Het)
A delicious and tasty vegetarian dish that is simple to prepare. An excellent dish for mushroom lovers.
1 lb mushrooms, quartered
5 red chillies
12 cloves garlic
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup basil leaves
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1. Pound chilli, garlic and salt into a paste.
2. Heat oil in wok. When hot, stir fry paste until fragrant.
3. Add mushrooms and stir fry for 1 minute.
4. Add soy sauce and sugar, and cook until mushrooms are tender.
5. Add basil leaves and stir well until wilted, then serve.