Spicy Steve's Thai Recipes
STIR-FRIED TOFU & PICKLED RADISH
(Phat Thai Rai Sen)
This is a vegetarian dish that combines the flavours of hot, sour, salty, and sweet with nuts, tofu, eggs and beansprouts.
1 cake firm bean curd (tofu), sliced
2 tbps chopped salty, dried pickled chinese radish
1 tsp chopped fresh chilli
1/4 cup ground roasted peanuts
2 tbsp light soy sauce
3 tbsp tamarind juice from 1 tbsp Tamarind Paste soaked in 4 tbsp hot water
1 tsp brown sugar
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 cup bean sprouts
1/4 cup green onions, cut into 1 inch long pieces
1. Heat 2 tbs oil in wok. When hot, add garlic and fry until golden.
2. Add bean curd and fry.
3. Add radish, chilli, peanuts, sugar, soy sauce and tamarind juice and stir.
4. Add bean sprouts and green onions and stir.
5. Move contents of wok to one side.
6. Add 1 tbs oil, break eggs into wok and spread them around the wok with spatula. Then move the vegetables
back to the middle and stir and turn to mix egg and vegetables thoroughly.
7. When eggs are cooked, serve.